Periodically removing dupes will free up invaluable amount of disk space for you which can be later consumed for saving more important files. This is very significant particularly for those users who frequently download high volumes of data from the Internet or stream online movies. Also, sometimes you might save a file from the Internet and later just happen to forget about the file’s location on your computer. In such instances, obviously every user would just prefer to re-download that file rather than going through your HD for a single file!
This is how duplicates multiply. And the occurrence of such events increase manifold when you have a large HD divided into several partitions, and you download endless amounts of data. So be on the lookout for such files and remove them. Want to know how to remove them without doing it manually? Read on!
Top 5 disadvantages of keeping duplicate junk files:
1. Duplicate files occupy valuable amount of space.
2. Slows down your computer.
3. It's time consuming to trace the original file. Search Results may display several files – original and identical copies.
4. You might exceed your free storage limit if you’ve subscribed to a cloud storage service. And then you would be forced to pay a premium for more space.
5. Time consuming to manage disorganized library.
Just like technology has somehow contributed to the increasing growth of duplicate files on your hard drive, it has also provided a very effective, secure and straightforward solution to weed out dupes with the help of a duplicate cleanup tool.
Getting Rid of Dupes…
Download Sorcim’s Clone Files Checker and scan all partitions of your hard disk except
the system drive. If your documents, music, videos, images are stored in the system drive, just add custom folders through the Add button from the “Include to Scan” area instead of selecting the whole drive.
1. Supports Different File Types:
Clone Files Checker roots out identical files including images, music, videos, documents and archives.
2. Supports Cross Format Analysis
It’s intelligent algorithm goes into great depth to compare pictures. It scans pixels rather than examining file names and formats. So this all this might seem technical to us human beings, Clone Files Checker can accomplish it all in a flash.
3. Scan Filters
You can choose whether to scan for specific file types within the drive / folders or if you want a universal scan. 2 options namely All Files and Custom allow you to make your choice. To scan all file types, choose the former, else go for the latter one.
4. Automatic Selection
After finding duplicates and gathering results into a list box, use the “Select Duplicates” button.
5. Deletion Options
1. Move Dupes to Recycle Bin: Moves your duplicate files to the Recycle Bin so that you can restore them later, if required.
2. Move Dupes to a New Folder: Creates a New Folder or sends duplicate files to an existing folder.
3. Permanently Delete: Removes dupes permanently – with backup, as default. You may, however, choose not to create a backup. You can even delete all the older backups.
6. Restoring Backups
Use the “History” tab to restore your backups anytime. You’ll be prompted to select a folder to extract the compressed backups.