Tomb Raider is fifth title developed by Crystal Dynamic and published by Square Enix. The action-adventure video game has attracted many gamers both on Console and PC. However PC users are reporting technical issues and frequent error messages. The most common errors are Fatal and Direct3d error which prevent users from starting the game.
This article contains some of the best workarounds to fix Tomb Raider error at ease.
· Unmark Exclusive Full-screen
· Check Game Cache Integrity
· Update Device Drivers
· Use Window Mode to Start the Game
· Disable Antivirus and Firewall Programs
Unmark Exclusive Full-screen
To fix Tomb Raider error you need to disable full screen mode. In some cases, the full screen mode was seen causing runtime errors. Below are instructions through which you can disable exclusive full screen.
1. Close all active programs and open Launcher,
2. Tap Option | Basic Tab.
3. From the basic tab unmark “Exclusive Full-screen” and click on Advanced Settings.
4. From the advanced settings set Hair Quality to Normal.5. Play the game without any error.
Check Game Cache Integrity
The game files stored in the cache directory can be corrupt. Remove al the cache contents to fix the error message. Follow the steps given below to check integrity of Game Cache:
1. Open Steam,
2. Go to Library section and click on Tomb Raider.
3. Right-click on Tomb Raider and select Properties from the drop-down menu.
4. Select Local Files.
5. Click on Integrity of Game Cache.
6. Now check the integrity of game cache by sending request to launcher.
7. Wait until process finishes.8. On new dialogue box mark the box “Windows will automatically exit when above process completes”.
Update Device Drivers
Tomb Raider error appears due to outdated device drivers. Keep the device drivers up-to-date. Use Device Manager to download the latest updates available online and improve performance and stability. Here are the steps to do so:
1. Click Start, type “Device Manager” (without quotes) in the Search Box.
2. Right-click on Device Manager and select “Run as administrator”.
3. Select a device that needs driver update.
4. Double-click on Device and click on the Driver tab.
5. You can select driver update.
6. Follow on-screen simple wizard.
7. For each outdated device driver you can follow the above procedure.
Use Window Mode to Start the Game
Tomb Raider has worked for many users in Window Mode. You may use Window Mode to start the game without having any difficulties. Follow the guidelines given below to use Window Mode to start the game:
1. Close all active programs.
2. Click Start and go to All Programs | Tomb Raider.
3. Now launch the game and go to Game Menu.
4. Click on Graphics Options and select Window Mode.
Disable Antivirus and Firewall Programs
Your security program and firewall protection can conflict with any game such as Tomb Raider. It would be wise to turn off your Antivirus and Firewall Programs before you start playing the game.
Disable Antivirus Program
1. Right-click on Antivirus Icon on Taskbar.
2. Select Disable Until Restart option.
Turn OFF Firewall
1. Click Start and type “Firewall” (without quotes) in the Search Box.
2. Click on Windows Firewall and Advanced Security.
3. Now right-click on Windows Firewall and Advanced Security.
4. Select Properties.
5. Click on Firewall State | OFF
Note: After playing game repeat step 1 to 4 to turn on Firewall again.