This is an installation error. It may appear when people upgrade Adobe Flash Player or install a particular software product. Thankfully, there is an easy fix for this problem.
Error 2753: The file “<file name.exe> is not marked for installation.”
1. Re-Register VBScript Files
2. Check File Permissions
3. Delete Installer Registry Settings
4. Repair Registry Errors
5. Reinstall Windows Installer
6. Delete Temp Files
Re-Register VBScript Files
VBScript means Microsoft Visual Basic Script. These are the script files located under Windows directory. If the Registry entries of these files have corrupt, you receive error 2753. Re-register the files as shown below:
1. Click Start, point to All Programs | Accessories.
2. Right click Command Prompt, select “Run as Administrator”.
3. Type following commands-
4. A message will appear telling “DLLRegisterServer in vbscript.dll succeeded.” Type “exit” (without quotes) and press ENTER.
Check File Permissions
The files located in the Windows directory could not have sufficient permissions. Check file permissions using the File Properties dialog.
1. Double click My Computer desktop icon.
2. Double click the “C:\” drive, open the installation folder. For example: C:\Program Files\Adobe
3. Right click it, select Properties.
4. Click the Security tab.
5. Modify file permissions to provide read/ write access.
6. Click OK twice.
Delete Installer Registry Settings
Following are the Registry paths where installer settings are stored. Error 2753 appears if the Registry settings are improperly changed.
1. Click Start | Run. Type “RegEdit” (without quotes). Press ENTER.
2. Locate following path:
3. Delete following keys:
4. Close Registry Editor.
Repair Registry Errors
If you still experience error 2753 your Registry is corrupt. Since the Registry contains thousands of entries it is not possible to manually look after all the entries. Scan and repair all Registry errors using a Registry Cleaner program.
1. Download RegInOut Registry Cleaner.
2. Start full scan.
3. Fix all errors detected.
Reinstall Windows Installer
Windows Installer tool might need to be reinstalled. Some of the files could be missing/ deleted. Fix error 2753 as shown below:
1. Visit Microsoft Download Center.
2. Download Windows Installer.
3. Double click the downloaded setup. Follow the wizard.
Delete Temp Files
Temporary files which are located in the Windows temporary directories could be corrupt. Empty the temporary locations to repair error 2753.
1. Click Start | All Programs | Accessories | Run.
2. Type TEMP
3. Click OK.
4. Delete all files, sub folders.