A computer running ISA server may show Event ID 7000 error. It most likely appears if the computer is heavily loaded or the registry is incorrectly modified. In this article we highlight several ways to fix this problem.
- Fix your Registry
- Make Certificates Console
- Make New Services Profile
- Disable Parallel Port Operation
- Change Local Computer Policy Settings
Fix your Windows Registry
Incorrect changes made in the registry by several programs can cause this error. To fix Event ID 7000 error repair your registry as shown below:
- Click Start, select Run.
- Type RegEdit and then press ENTER.
- Locate following registry path:
- Click Edit | New | Key.
- Specify ServicesPipeTimeout name to the new key.
- Double click it to modify. Enter 60000.
- Click OK and close.
Make Certificates Console
Using Microsoft Management Console make certificates console and verify the CRLS were added. Do the steps given below:
- Click Start, select Run.
- Type MMC in the Open box and press ENTER.
- Click File menu and select Add/ Remove Snap-In.
- Under Available Snap-Ins column select Certificates option. Click Add.
- Select Computer Account option, click Finish | Close.
- Expand Certificates (Local Computer) | Intermediate Certification List | Certificate Revocation List.
- Now reboot your computer.
- Click Start, type Event Viewer in the Search box and press ENTER.
- You’ll see two information entries namely PJEVTSVC which is an Event Service and ProjectQueueService.
- Click OK.
With the help of a Services Manager program make a new services profile with limited number of services. This is because most of them times you receive this error because of some services running in the background.
- Install and run a Services Optimizer.
- Click Optimize Services button.
- Select a services profile and click Apply.
A Parallel Port is used to connect several peripherals with a parallel communication. Disable the parallel port operation to fix Event ID 7000 error. Here’s how:
- Click Start | My Computer.
- Press F3, type DS1410D.SYS in the Search box and press ENTER.
- From the search results delete this file or rename it as “BACKUP_DS1410D.SYS”
- In the same manner, search and delete/ rename another file IB10E32.DLL
Following are the steps that you have to do on a computer which is a member of the administrators group. Do the following steps to fix Event ID 7000 error:
- Start Local Computer Policy Snap-In.
- Expand the following:
- Local Computer Policy | Computer Configuration | Windows Settings | Security Settings | Local Policies.
- Select User Rights Assignment.
- Right click on Log on as a service from the right hand side pane and select Properties option.
- Click on Add User or Group.
- Add a user and then click OK | OK | Close.