Star Wars The Old Republic (SWTOR) is an adorable multiplayer online game developed by BioWare. The game runs with few glitches, however, sometimes users face a number of errors such as the SWTOR error 9000.
Below are outlined instructions to help you resolve SWOTR error 9000 and to boost overall gaming performance.
Log ON using Administrator Login:
If you are logged to your system with a USER account, immediately log off and log back using Admin account. Follow the steps given below to safely log back using Admin account.
1. Save your important data.
2. Close all active applications | Click on Start
3. Select Log OFF | Now Log ON using Administrative privileges
4. Try playing game without SWTOR error 9000.
Run SWTOR in Compatibility Mode:
You should run game in compatibility mode in order to fix SWTOR error 9000. Follow the instructions given below to run SWTOR in compatibility mode.
1. Locate the path of SWTOR.
2. Right click on SWTOR.EXE file | Select Properties
3. Choose compatibility mode for your platform.
Turn OFF your Firewall Temporarily:
Firewall can restrict you to play the game. Turn OFF your firewall to fix SWTOR error 9000 on your system.
2. Search for Firewall | Double click on Windows Firewall
3. Click on Turn ON or OFF Windows Firewall | Insert Admin password if prompted for authentication.
4. Click on Turn OFF Windows Firewall | OK
You can also lower firewall settings and do port forwarding on your router and firewall on TCP 8995, TCP 12000-12999 and TCP 20000-30000 port numbers.
Enable DMZ Mode on Your Router:
Try enabling DMZ mode on your router to avoid from SWTOR error 9000 on your system. Open your web browser and type 192.168.1.1 to go to your router’s homepage. If you are not tech savvy, contact your service provider—they would help you enabling DMZ mode on your router.
Disable Background Running Programs:
Background running applications can interfere with your game which leads to slow downs and other freezing issues. Disable background running programs using built-in Microsoft Configuration Utility. Follow the steps given below to disable background running program.
1. Click on Start | Search
2. Type “msconfig” without quotes and press Enter
3. Click on Startup tab | Uncheck start up items
4. Click on Services Tab | Uncheck unwanted services, especially your antivirus program before playing game.
5. OK | Restart your system
Repair Windows Registry:
Windows registry is database where games settings are stored in form of entries. To improve performance of SWTOR; should repair Windows registry using some secure registry cleanup tool such as RegInOut.
1. Download and Install some reliable registry repair tool
2. Start full registry scan | Repair Errors
3. Restart your system.