When runtime error 53 starts appearing on a PC it restricts the people from performing certain tasks. Preventing further occurrences becomes simple if the user investigates what exact factor is causing that particular error. It becomes pretty easy if the actions are taken as earliest as possible.
Error 53: “File Not Found (DLL File Name)”
- Uninstall Programs Installed Prior to the Runtime Error
- Move Specified DLL File to the System32 Folder
- Reregister Error Causing DLL File
- Scan the Registry Database
- Reboot with Safe Mode Option
If you have installed a program prior to the error 53, then uninstall it. It might have installed older versions of Dynamic Link Library (DLL) files. To resolve error 53 in PC, do the steps given below:
- Click Start, select Control Panel. Then click Programs | Uninstall a Program.
- Select the faulty program and click Uninstall button.
Move Specified DLL File to the System32 Folder
At the end of the error a DLL file would be mentioned. If the file path is other than the below mentioned, then do the steps given below:
- Open My Computer.
- Open the root folder where the mentioned DLL file is present. Right click the file, select Copy. Then browse C:\Windows\System32 and click Edit | Paste.
Reregister Error Causing DLL File
Each DLL file is registered in your system registry database. If the registry entries belonging to any DLL file are not present or if they are incorrectly modified, then runtime errors start arising. Resolve error 53 in PC by reregistering the DLL file shown in the error message:
- Click Start, point to All Programs | Accessories.
- Right click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
- Type the following command:
RegSvr32 <DLL File Name>
Scan the Registry Database
The registry database of your computer contains important system configurations and data stored by installed applications. When the information stored in the registry cannot be retrieved because it’s deleted, you start getting error 53. Scan the registry using a Registry Cleaner and fix all errors and problems that reside in it.
Reboot with Safe Mode Option
The Safe Mode with Networking option of your computer make it possible to boot Windows without loading any startup programs and services. Choose it and reboot Windows to resolve error 53 in PC. Restart the machine. Press F8. Select Safe Mode with Networking and press ENTER.