One may experience Duke Nukem Forever crashes while playing the game on PC. Sometimes the game starts to crash randomly while at other times it can suddenly display other errors.
Depending on what the actual circumstances are, the causes can be identified. This article highlights in depth the possibilities behind such crashes and it mentions easiest tools and techniques used to solve the problems in an easy manner.
1. Change Graphics Card Settings
2. Reinstall/ Update Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
3. Solve Problems Associated with Game Configurations
4. Delete Contents of the Game Cache
5. Fix Registry Errors
6. Delete Temporary Files
7. Increase Video Performance
8. Turn Antivirus Off
Change Graphics Card Settings
Several changes made to your computer in relation to the graphical performance can lead Duke Nukem Forever to crash. Make sure that your graphics card settings are set in an appropriate manner. You can change these settings by going through the following procedures:
1. Close the game and open NVIDIA Control Panel.
2. On the left hand side, click Manage 3D Settings from the 3D Settings category.
3. Click Global Settings.
4. For the following two settings, set Application Controlled option:
a. Anisotropic Filtering
b. Anti-Aliasing Mode
5. For Use the 3D Application Settings, select Vertical Sync option.
6. Click Apply button.
Reinstall/ Update Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
For launching a game designed to run with special modules used from Microsoft Visual C++, MS Visual C++ Redistributable package is required to be installed.
Duke Nukem Forever crashes if this package is too old or if it is not installed on the machine. Do the steps given below:
1. Click Start, select Control Panel.
2. Click Programs and then Uninstall a Program.
3. Select Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable option and click Uninstall. Follow the wizard.
4. Download the latest version. Run the setup and follow the on-screen-instructions.
Solve Problems Associated with Game Configurations
While playing a game, we usually change its settings for the sake of comfortability or additional functionality. But sometimes, when the settings are not set-up in a proper manner or when unsupported features are activated, Duke Nukem Forever crash occurs. The solution is to reset the game settings by going through the game options.
Delete Contents of the Game Cache
Duke Nukem Forever crashes are also experienced if the contents of the game cache are unauthorized modified. Do the step given below to delete all corrupt files and folders from it:
1. Open My Computer.
2. Double click: C:\Steam\UserData\10215801 | 57900.
3. Select all the files and press Shift + Delete.
4. Confirm your action.
Fix Registry Errors
Duke Nukem Forever settings are stored in the registry in its own registry hive. Start a scan with a good Registry Cleaner software. Fix the errors when they are found.
Delete Temporary Files
Several files stored in the temporary folders can eat up your disk space due to which Duke Nukem Forever crashes when it fails to process operating system commands because of lack of enough storage space.
Delete all the temporary files. Here’s how:
1. Click Start, select All Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Disk CleanUp.
2. Select your system drive, i.e. drive C.
3. Click Ok button.
Increase Video Performance
Take necessary steps to improve the graphics performance. Install a good graphics card and download latest updates.
Turn Antivirus Off
If your antivirus is continuously protecting the computer with its real-time protection, then temporarily turn off it until you finish playing Duke Nukem Forever game. It will fix Duke Nukem Forever crashes.